Currency Current Accounts
A Currency Current Account allows you to make and receive foreign currency payments without the need to convert the funds into Euro. Choose between our Currency Current Account or Sterling Current Account.
Sterling Current Account.
|New Zealand Banks will no longer accept drafts and cheques from 31 May 2021. If we receive NZD drafts and cheques after 10 May 2021 we will not process them.|
Online services save you time.
Online access via iBusiness Banking for balance and transaction processing and payment services.
Our Relationship Managers are there to assist with all your business banking requirements.
Dedicated Customer Service.
Our Customer Service Unit is available from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Call + 353 1 6115210
(not on ROI Bank Holidays)
Read Terms and Conditions.
- Sterling Current Account only - The account is provided by Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c., London Branch. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website
- Sterling Current Account only - Incoming and Outgoing International payments are not supported (only sterling payments within the UK are supported)
- Currency Account only - no chequebook, standing order or direct debit facilities available
- Accounts must be operated in credit at all times (Except business customers with approved overdraft limits). Any items presented on the account where there are insufficient funds may be returned unpaid
- No credit interest is payable
- Direct cash lodgements or withdrawals are not supported
- Note: Joint accounts are available to a maximum of 4 parties.