AIB have been notified of a Phone Scam currently targeting our customers. Reports received to the Bank indicate that:
- Fraudsters purporting to be from AIB have been targeting customers asking them to make test payments from their account.
- Callers claim that they are calling on behalf of AIB.
- Callers claim that they are calling on behalf of AIB and can fake the caller identification to make it look as if the call is from a legitimate source.
AIB reminds customers to be vigilant and aware of such calls - they are not genuine.
- AIB never requests you to make payments from your account to any account.
- AIB never requests you to provide your security details.
- If you suspect that a call may be fraudulent, or are unsure about the source of a call please hang up and call AIB.