News and Info
Text Scam Alert September 2021
Temporary customer support hours 9am - 5pm
As outlined by Covid-19 HSE and Government guidelines and for the safety of our staff, the number of customer service advisors in our Contact Centres have temporarily reduced resulting in a change to our hours of operation as follows:
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
We appreciate your patience and support during this time.
Email Scam Warning
Email Scam Warning
The Bank has been made aware of new types of email fraud attempts. Criminals are sending emails:
- Purporting to be from a Supplier to their Irish Customers. The email advises that the Supplier has changed their bank account number and that all future payments should be made to the new account, which belongs to the criminal, and
- Which spoof the From: field, so the email appears to be from a Manager/Director/Senior Staff Member within the company. The email is requesting the receiver to ‘complete a bank transfer to an overseas account’ and appears to be sent from the email Manager's account.
- A subsequent mail is then sent from the ‘Manager’ with the receiving account details, which belong to the criminal.
If you receive such an email, we would recommend that you take the following steps:
- Contact the Supplier / Manager/ Director etc using the existing agreed number to verify the request
- Check the email address – it may be different to the genuine one
- Do Not use the email ‘reply’ function, from within the received email
- Never open attachments to an email unless you are satisfied the emails are genuine
- Please look for any wording/grammar/tone that would be unusual for your company; e.g. request to complete/sort a “financial obligation” or a “wire transfer”.
- Check the time stamp on any emails, as this can sometimes indicate an email coming from somewhere it shouldn’t.
- Ensure that all your iBB Users are aware of this threat and that they should report any suspicious activity immediately.
Main Street Insights
Main Street Insights is a data-driven insights platform available to all AIB Merchant Services’ customers in the Republic of Ireland. This market-leading platform turns your business transaction data into insights about your customers and sales, benchmarked against relevant category performance.
To find out more visit here.
With Main Street Insights you can:
- Attract new business through a better understanding of your customers spending patterns.
- Understand the effect of your marketing efforts and get insights to improve them.
- Compare sales and see how consumers are spending at businesses like yours.
- Track the progress of your business over time