Important information regarding cookies
- Business Commentary(27)
- Business Start-up Support(13)
- Featured Business(75)
- Financial Support(8)
- Marketing Support(14)
Final AIB Start-up Academy Place Decided by Public Vote
The final place on the 2016 AIB Start-up Academy programme has been decided by public vote via a “Wildcard” competition hosted by Joe.ie and Her.ie.
Thousands of voters took to Twitter over five days, with Topper Technologies receiving over 30,000 votes to emerge as the winner. The company provides a one-stop shop for CRM, events, appointments, and payments online.
Jenny Reynolds, founder of Topper Technologies, was delighted with the win: “I am so happy, there are no words! When you're a start-up, it feels like you’re running up a steep hill. It was such an emotional journey; the support was unbelievable.”
Jenny has already taken her well-deserved place on the intensive training and mentoring programme with Irish Times Training, which commenced on 29th February. The programme will cover topics such as business and marketing strategy, social media training, eCommerce and design thinking.
The full list of finalists are:
- Blackwater Distillery – Ireland’s first craft whisky and gin distillery
- Brendan Joseph – Working with gorgeous natural fibres to distil precious moments into woven wearable art
- Buska Ltd – Renting, delivering and collecting heavy duty, stackable, closable, recycled plastic Buska moving boxes for people on the move
- Cool Bean Company – A healthy (beany) meal in a pot
- Dropchef – The smartest way to cook a healthy dinner
- Leaves – Pasta full meal solution that cooks in just five minutes
- Nasal Medical Ltd – Nose implants that prevent snoring and sleep apnea, as well as 98% of airbourne allergies
- Popertee – Find the perfect retail space for your business
- Queezybags – The compact, clean and convenient way to ensure nausea and sickness don’t get in the way of life
- Rebel Chilli – The home of award-winning chilli sauce
- Topper Technologies Ltd – A one-stop shop for CRM, events, appointments and payments
- View Topper Technology’s winning pitch video
- Find out more about the AIB Start-up Academy
- Follow @AIBBiz to get great insights on what the Academy finalists will be learning throughout March and April
- Subscribe to AIB's SME Newsletter
Please be aware that all of the views expressed in this Blog are purely the personal views of the authors and commentators (including those working for AIB as members of the AIB website team or in any other capacity) and are based on their personal experiences and knowledge at the time of writing.
Some of the links above bring you to external websites. Your use of an external website is subject to the terms of that site.
Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Copyright Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. 1995.