Important information regarding cookies
- Business Commentary(27)
- Business Start-up Support(13)
- Featured Business(74)
- Financial Support(8)
- Marketing Support(14)
AIB Commissions Report on Foreign Direct Investment in Ireland
Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Ireland is at an all-time high, and AIB recognises the vital role it plays in the growth of the Irish economy. Over the years, FDI has helped to transform Ireland into a modern, open, highly developed and knowledge-based economy.
To further support the growth and development of FDI in Ireland, AIB recently commissioned independent research, the findings of which have been published in a report titled "Why Choose Ireland?"
The research looks at the reasons why multinational companies invest in Ireland, investigates the main drivers and enablers to setting up business in Ireland, evaluates companies' experiences in the Irish market, and includes key insights from existing FDI companies.
- Ireland receives a very high level of personal endorsement from FDI senior executives – 97% of respondents would recommend Ireland as a country in which to locate.
- 76% of respondents think the business environment in Ireland will improve in the next year.
- 96% of FDI companies that export goods from Ireland have had a mainly positive experience.
- 86% of companies stated that “Access to Europe” was important or critical in relation to their priorities for setting up in Ireland.
We hope this research will be of benefit to multinational companies considering setting up or increasing their investment in Ireland.
Please be aware that all of the views expressed in this Blog are purely the personal views of the authors and commentators (including those working for AIB as members of the AIB website team or in any other capacity) and are based on their personal experiences and knowledge at the time of writing.
Some of the links above bring you to external websites. Your use of an external website is subject to the terms of that site.
Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Copyright Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. 1995.